SENIOR SYSTEM ENGINEER
We are looking for a Senior System Engineer to expand our Data Networking team. The work area is mainly in Belgium.
The prime function of this role is to design, deploy, operate and support Wired and Wireless Local Area Networks (LAN) solutions that will be provided either on customers’ premises or through our data centre infrastructure.
The candidate must demonstrate his/her ability to deal with the networking technologies that are required to deploy such LAN/WLAN solutions. He/she must demonstrate his/her capacity to work in a standalone mode but at the same time he/she will be part of a team where communication and collaboration are key factors to success.
Strong communication skills, a POSITIVE ATTITUDE, and a COMPETITIVE, but TEAM ORIENTED focus are key elements to be successful in this challenging environment.
When the candidate can demonstrate that he/she is fulfilling the job expectations, he/she will get the required trainings to further evolve in this challenging function.
We are offering a challenging job in the ICT area within a company belonging to an international group. We also provide you with an attractive salary package including advantages such as company car, mobile phone, insurance …
As a system engineer, you will represent your company in all the contacts you will have with customers and prospects. You will be responsible for communicating the values of Data Unit.
The senior system engineer will work in the Data Networking team and will be responsible for following tasks:
- Support presales team to provide technical expertise when answering RFQ’s for Data Networking projects
- Installation, configuration, software deployment of all the components required in a LAN and WLAN Architecture
- Design and configure all monitoring tools required in a project
- Create the project documentation ( as-built document, L1-L2-L3 topology design, …)
- Provide second and third level support to Service Desk engineers and participate to the duty service
- Liaise with suppliers for problem resolution
- Define standard templates
- Provide value added services such as network audits
- Report to the Data Networking Team Manager
Desired Skills and Experience
We are looking for a system engineer who already has 4 to 6 years of experience in deploying LAN and WLAN architectures and who is knowledgeable of the data networking technologies used in such an environment.
The following areas are key for this role:
- Switching (L2- L3) & routing
- Wireless networking
- Wireless site surveys experience
- Minimum CCNP level or equivalent
- Solid networking knowledge (OSI network layers, TCP/IP, Core, Distribution and Access architecture understanding, …)
- Network Management systems
- Able to provide added value services such as network audits, consultancy guidance, …
- Languages: The ideal candidate should have a good professional proficiency in both Dutch and French. English professional proficiency is a plus.
- Be motivated for the position of Senior System Engineer,
- Be passionate and willing to evolve in the world of Data Networking
- Be open to learn and work with different switching technologies
- Being curious to create original, innovative solutions by implementing all the modern communication technologies.
- To be autonomous and take initiative, keeping in mind that teamwork is key to success
- Having an analytical mind for structuring your work before taking action
- Be a good communicator with his/her colleagues and with customers
- Be able to provide added value services such as network audits, design best practices and recommendations, …
- Master in Computer science or equivalent experience
- Self-confidence and self-motivation
- Absolute understanding of IP networks requirements
- Success in managing complex projects
- Motivated, goal oriented, persistent.
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND PERFORMANCE MEASURES:
- Achieves assigned tasks within agreed delays
- Meets assigned expectations for profitability
- Maintains high customer satisfaction ratings that meet company standards
- Completes required training and development objectives within the assigned time frame
Interested? Apply via Linked In.